ALCAM in Detail
You can view detailed information about ALCAM by clicking here.
Additional supporting documents are available to users logged into the LXM System. These include an ALCAM Crosssing Assessment Handbook and LXM User Guide.
The ALCAM Crossing Assessment Handbook sets out the process for carrying out ALCAM surveys of road and pedestrian level crossings in Australian and New Zealand. This Handbook is intended for use by technical personnel with general knowledge of surveying techniques and who have undertaken appropriate training, who wish to survey level crossings according to ALCAM requirements.
The LXM User Guide (Guide) is a reference guide on the operation of the Level Crossing Management (LXM) System, an integrated web enabled database for managing level crossing information, in Australia and New Zealand. This Guide is intended for use by personnel registered as an LXM User and is not for general distribution.
- Crossing, vehicle and environmental characteristics influence on crash likelihood in Australia and New Zealand
- Victoria - Public Transport Victoria (PTV) – Victorian crossing safety and upgrade intitiatives
- South Australia - Department for Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) – Rail level crossings
- New South Wales - Transport for NSW (TfNSW) - Level crossings
- Queensland - Department of Transport Main Roads (DTMR) - Level crossing safety
- Centre for Accident Research & Road Safety - Queensland (CARRS-Q) - Railway level crossing safety
- Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) - Level crossing safety